Looking for something specific?
Harrogate Ladies’ College (“We/our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Harrogate Ladies’ College of Clarence Drive, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 2QG.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you, other members of your family or your children, by filling in forms on our website www.hlc.org.uk (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with us or ask us to contact you and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photographs and medical details.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information for our sites which require authentication, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); those parts of the website you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us for further information.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- in accordance with and to carry out our obligations under any parent contract you have entered into with us;
- to provide you with any information that you request from us or to deal with any enquiry raised by you;
- to provide you with information about or concerning your child if your child is a pupil at the School;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with third parties in accordance with or for the purposes of giving effect to any parent contract you have entered into with us. Such third parties may include but is not limited to:
- Members of our staff and those engaged by us to provide goods or services in accordance with the terms of any parent contract;
- Any medical practitioner engaged by us to deal with any medical condition affecting any person on our premises or on or at any event or outing organised by us;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To secure payment of any monies due to us.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you use our site to request admissions information then we will normally store your contact details on a database. This is to allow us to send you other related information in the future and we do not sell, trade or offer this information to others. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 (or such other amount as the Act may from time to time proscribe) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.