Looking for something specific?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our thoughts and best wishes at this time continue to be with the many people around the world who have been and continue to be directly affected by the COVID-19 virus and to the incredible key workers who are fighting the virus on our behalf.
In line with the latest government guidance, we’re delighted that all of our pupils are now back in school and enjoying face to face lessons with their teachers.
The safety and wellbeing of our pupils and staff, and that of the wider community, remain our priority and we have put extensive safety, hygiene and social distancing measures in place for pupils and staff who are on-site.
DAY TO DAY MEASURES ACROSS THE SCHOOL FROM 2-18 YEARS
Here are some of the key measures that we’ve applied across the entire school for pupils from 2-18 years:
- Additional intensive cleaning procedures across school and the boarding houses, including extra cleaning throughout the day with particular focus on high risk areas such as toilets, door handles, switches, hand rails and regularly used hard surfaces. All areas in use are being deep cleaned every evening and surfaces and shared equipment are being disinfected.
- “Fogging / Enviro-Shielding” of shared spaces across the school site. This is a process that provides a 3 month protective coating which stops viruses from “sticking” to fixed surfaces. We were the first school in Yorkshire to implement this measure. You can find out more about it via the video.
- Additional hand sanitisers, anti-bacterial wipes and tissues are available across the school and in boarding houses
- Additional hand washing and respiratory hygiene measures are in place for all pupils and staff
- Pupils are arranged in consistent groups or “bubbles” while in school
- Movement around school has been minimised and classroom layouts have been reconfigured to enable social distancing and non-essential items removed to prevent the spread of infection
- Pupils and members of staff are not allowed to enter school if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 and non-essential visitors are not permitted to enter the school or boarding houses.
- All pupils in College are required to wear face coverings in corridors, communal areas and classrooms where social distancing is not possible.
- All essential visitors to school are required to sign a COVID-19 Declaration Form and wear a face covering in areas where social distancing is not possible
- School assemblies or chapel services are continuing to take place via Zoom
- Additional technology has been installed across the school site to enable teachers to deliver lessons simultaneously both to classrooms and via Zoom for pupils who are required to self-isolate
- All pupils in College and staff across all areas of school are testing twice a week from home following their initial tests in school at the beginning of March
While school life is a little different currently, we are committed to doing everything we can to make the experience as positive and as we can for the children. To continue to develop their deep passion for learning and their love of life.
You can read full details of our COVID-Secure Measures via the following link:
Our full COVID-19 Risk Assessment, COVID19 Policy and Remote Learning Policies for Highfield and College, are also available from School Policies section of our website.
JOINING OUR SCHOOL
We are continuing to accept applications to join all 3 schools. We’re also now able to once again welcome prospective families for carefully planned, socially distanced personal visits. Please contact our Admissions Team via email@example.com or by calling +44 (0) 1423 537045 to book a virtual appointment.
You can also visit the Admissions section of our website for further information about joining our family of schools.
We wanted to take this opportunity to thank our amazing whole school community for their support; their commitment to the school; their dedication to the children and for coming up with amazing and creative solutions for problems that simply didn’t exist before!