Looking for something specific?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our thoughts and best wishes at this time continue to be with the many people around the world who have been and continue to be directly affected by the COVID-19 virus and the incredible key workers and scientists who are fighting the virus on our behalf.
In line with the latest government guidance, we’re delighted that all of our pupils are in school and enjoying face to face lessons with their teachers.
The safety and wellbeing of our pupils and staff, and that of the wider community, remain our priority and we continue to have Covid-Secure measures in place across school. We are pleased however, that we are able to operate in a more normal way again and to enjoy working together more fully as one community.
DAY TO DAY MEASURES ACROSS THE SCHOOL FROM 2-18 YEARS
Here are some of the key measures that continue to be in place across the entire school for pupils from 2-18 years:
- Additional intensive cleaning procedures across school and the boarding houses, including extra cleaning throughout the day with particular focus on high risk areas such as toilets, door handles, switches, hand rails and regularly used hard surfaces.
- “Fogging / Enviro-Shielding” of shared spaces across the school site. This is a process that provides a 3 month protective coating which stops viruses from “sticking” to fixed surfaces. We were the first school in Yorkshire to implement this measure. You can find out more about it via the video.
- Additional hand sanitisers, anti-bacterial wipes and tissues are available across the school and in boarding houses.
- Additional hand washing and respiratory hygiene measures are in place for all pupils and staff.
- All areas of school are well ventilated with windows and doors open where it is safe to do so. CO2 monitors are also in use across the campus.
- Pupils and members of staff are not allowed to enter school if they have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Parents and visitors to school are being asked to wear face coverings and sign a COVID-19 Declaration Form.
- All pupils in College and staff across all areas of school are testing twice a week from home following their initial tests in school at the beginning of term.
While school life is still a little different, we are committed to doing everything we can to make the experience positive for the children. To continue to develop their deep passion for learning and their love of life.
Our full COVID-19 Risk Assessment, COVID19 Policy and Remote Learning Policies for Highfield and College, are available from the School Policies section of our website.
JOINING OUR SCHOOL
We are continuing to accept applications to join all 3 schools. We’re also able to welcome prospective families for carefully planned, socially distanced personal visits. Please contact our Admissions Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +44 (0) 1423 537045 to book an appointment.
You can also visit the Admissions section of our website for further information about joining our family of schools.
We wanted to take this opportunity to thank our amazing whole school community for their support; their commitment to the school; their dedication to the children and for coming up with amazing and creative solutions for problems that simply didn’t exist before!